ALERT: Popular Estate Tax and Family Business Planning Technique to be Curtailed by the IRS The Internal Revenue Service recently proposed regulations that will adversely affect clients’ ability to substantially mitigate Estate Taxes. These proposed...
• Cover Your Ass-ets!
• Joint Revocable Living Trusts; Watch Out!
• What is Elder Law?
• Travel and the Not-So-Powerful Power of Attorney
• NJ Enacts the Uniform Trust Code
• Estate Taxation
• The Not-So-Bon Voyage
• Co-op Ownership and Probate, “O My”
• I have an Estate Plan; Now What? Top Tips to Maintain Your Planning
WELCOME BACK Schanker and Hochberg P.C. is a premier Estate Planning law firm. We offer legal services for sophisticated Estate and Gift Tax planning, Decedent Estate Administration and Probate services, Business Succession Planning, Charitable Giving, Special Needs...
• 2015 Estate Tax & Elder Law Changes
• Gifting Power in New York’s Durable General Power of Attorney
• Immediate vs. Springing Powers of Attorney
• Another Reason to Avoid Probate
• Asset Protection
• Don’t Leave Your Estate plan to Chance
• New York State Estate Tax Alert – Revisit, Review, Revise
• Recent United States Supreme Court Decision Effecting IRAs and Retirement Assets
Alert On June 12, 2014, the United States Supreme Court, in a landmark case with far-reaching implications, ruled that inherited IRA accounts are no longer creditor-protected in a bankruptcy proceeding. Frequently, IRA owners designate their spouse to be...
• Gifting to Minors
• Estate and Gift Tax Update
• What to Know: Beneficiary Designations
• Charitable Contributions
• Elder Law and Planning for Individuals with Disabilities
• Common Estate planning Misconceptions
• Learning the Hard Way
• Unique Assets and Valuable Collectables
• Items to be Aware of When Someone Dies
• Long Term Care – The Cost of Care and The Aging Population
• Estate Tax Planning Update
• Keep Your Estate Plan Up to Date
• How to be Charitable with Benefits; The Charitable Remainder Trust
• Planning Considerations with Retirement Benefits
27 West Neck Road
P.O. Box 1905
Huntington, New York 11743
Tel: (631) 424-5400
Fax: (631) 424-0048
One Grand Central Place
60 East 42nd Street
New York, NY 10165
Tel: (212) 564-3307
New Jersey Office
125 Half Mile Road,
Red Bank, NJ 07701
Tel: (631) 424-5400
ALL CORRESPONDENCE TO
OUR HUNTINGTON OFFICE